Saturday, May 17, 2008

:: my favourite family routine ::

being so tempted by Nuffnang and the fantastic prizes, I've decided to write this entry.
even if not for the prizes, i feel obliged to contribute to the National Family Day next Sunday.
I really hope to go and enjoy a day out with my mummy.

well, here it goes.

My family is rather small.. haha.. because there's onli my mummy and i.. but my extended family sounds much better.. with my maternal aunts, cousins and grandmother..

as most people week on weekdays and even in the day on weekends.. its not often that we can meet up together..

so given the opportunity, on weekends where we can meet up, we would go out for drives to special places, parks and beaches.. i especially love sentosa, people think its touristy but i beg to differ..

I love such cool family moments to in tow wif my ah ma, my aunts n uncles, my cousins and my nephews and nieces..

this happens once every two months or about so.

we would each prepare some good fod, and have a picnic (if in the day) or a barbeque, if at night..

more than 20 people, playing together and singing songs (my cousins n i love to sing.. n one of my cousin plays guitar).. we would hold like a mini concert singing all sorts of songs, from Mandopop to rihanna's umbrella.. lol

then we would tuck in to the great food.. all the motherly figures are good cooks so we always get well fed. altho the cousins now we are all in our twenties, but we still enjoy being together.. gossiping, and talking rubbish, about our social life especially.

games by beach n swimming if possible is the best..

on wetter days, just a few of us will be tucked in my grandma's house playing Mahjong.. and followed by young people's nights out at a club!

but the best is still when the whole family is together to enjoy each other's company. just seeing each person there makes me feel good and bright!

night dinners and restaurant exploration ends a good and fun day out, where we give a treat to the older generation..

this simple days out as a whole big family is rare and i feel unique.

you dun have to make it elaborate. for the togetherness is most special!

next week, hope everyone will spend some time with your family., and make use of National Family day, and cherish your family members while we still can.. appreciate the love. appreciate the opportunities life brings..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you may have on this post? share with me!