Friday, May 23, 2008

:: debate on love ::

Is it conceivable to love without feeling pain?
Can one be so attached that love numbs all?
To know the joy and the sadness
Of a union only heaven could have created.

But love and freedom are they the same ?
and does love tie the latter down in the game?
and O let me break the bond
and run far away before the morn.

My future my life I can decide
but like ebbing of the tide
I know myself, my place on the board
and as the knight, a battle I fought

tells me what i never had
and lacking it makes me feel bad
and only by returning me the limb i crave
will resurrect me from my grave.

Love and freedom, flip-sides of a coin
lacking the other, leaves us all forlorn
but love binds us closely with ropes and chains
tying us tightly, with rules to the game

So while we rest and roost in our little room
we too long to fly and chase the moon
Our restless spirit setting us in flight
breaking bonds of love embedded like night

But when we're finally free from pain and care
we wonder where's the love that once was there
Was it a price too bittersweet to pay
to undo the bonds and just fly away?

For we have regained but love is gone
with shadows remaining on a wintry morn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

the above is a "poetry" that i've seemed to have co wrote with two others. I wrote a stenza, b read and decided to add another fraction, passing to c who decided to add her viewpoints. The above "heated argument" resulted. I just feel a little warmth, a little agony, a little recognition, a little pain. When do we understand what love really is? Or should I say is there a need to point fix love itself? Can it just be a universal freedom thing, with each his own interpretation? Will it be simpler like that? And more people will feel the bliss as to his own contentment. Feeling it. suddenly, I sang Phyllis Quek's song, freedom.

Freedom - Phyllis Quek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you may have on this post? share with me!