Saturday, May 31, 2008

:: dollars and sense ::

the issue of frugality hit me hard on my face nowadays.
i never exactly realise how much i spent until recently.
because it is until now that i've started to pay my own phone bills,
and my accumulated charges from my $500 credit limit cards...

looking back
indeed i'm quite a spendthrift

my mum scolded me left right centre regarding my escalating credit sub card bills
which in the past months have reached to $1000 each month.
now, i promise to take note of what i buy and control the amounts.

even now
when i am staying with dearie
he presist on forcing his big brother sense on me
of which i am quite grateful actually
making me realise what damage i've commited to my own pockets
as well as to the environment..

Dinner conversations tend to revolve around frugality.
"We should eat cheap; food court henceforth."
"No buffets. No restaurants."
Commuting conversations tend to revolve around frugality too.
"'I'm glad I'm not driving anymore."
"Let's just take the MRT."
Domestic conversations, naturally followed frugality as well.
"No lower than 24 degrees, please."
"Why is that fan on when the aircon is already in use?"

all that he says..
well.. alright..
i shall commit to that

and save money
because i'm a grown man now
need to spend wisely
as an adult..

(dun go out so often, eat at home whenever possible,
and spent onli on things which i really need,
dun buy those snacks which are tempting you,
nor those clothes that seems cheap, because..
they will accumulate..)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you may have on this post? share with me!