Saturday, December 12, 2009

:: high life ::

There are things in life which are influential. It makes who you are, how you live, and how others perceive you.

There's the brands that make out who you are.
There's the places you go which defines you.
There are things you own which decides the place you stand in society.
There are the photographs and people around which say whether you are a who's who in town.

There's the high life.

There are the fashionistas.

I thought it would have suited me.
With an "elite" bunch of friends who's all out there, dressed to be seen, meeting people who blow air kisses around and what's not. The posh nosh.

Well. Been there done that. And sadly, currently, I'm not that, and probably don't wish to be.

I can't afford.
I'm not a filthy rich kid who only lives on threads by Adidas originals and Armani Exchange. I can't seem to dream of being in a tank top costing a whopping $189 to do my workouts. I tried. I really did. I'm exhausted. My pockets exhausted.

Reality check. Done.

Marc Jacobs? No
Emporio Armani? No.
Dior? No.
Dolce n Gabbana? No.
Y-3? No.
Louis Vuitton? No.
Gucci? No.
Prada? No.

Labels don't make the man. Really. If I really need to look expansive to look good, I'd rather not look good. I just need down to earth friends around me who accept me fir who I am.

Really.

I think affordable garbs can make you look good too.

Good looks are based on perceptions. It's either we persist on living by these perceptions, or we live our own lives.

Drinking n clubbing? Cool? Maybe once in a while. It's not something cheap. The entry, the clothes you need to be in. The partying. The late night cab fare. I should just trounce it.

Really.

Thinking through life and it's ultimate meaning to me. Do I really need to fit into society's conventions to be accepted, to be "cool", to be mister popular? Why do I even need that? Forget about it.

It's time I lived a life. O F M Y O W N.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you may have on this post? share with me!