Friday, November 16, 2007

内阁资政 VS 国务资政

well. when Dasmond asked the question: 谁是新加坡的内阁资政? on Hey! Gorgeous last monday (semi finals 1), i remembered that I shouted 吴作栋! U can ask Anderson! I am very sure! But I was bombasted, as the correct answer is李光耀! Oh my god!

If I was a "celebrity" or a public figure, I guess I would been condemned just as well.

Look at how Lloyd Soon was shot. Even other contestants who answered Australia's capital as Sydney (its Canberra juz in case u dun noe) and Mother's Day as 1st May (its the second sunday of May, btw..) I mean, it was pressure n stressful to answer a question in 5 sec on TV in singlet (or were they bare bodies? dun remember)..

Firstly, I have to admit even a person like me who is equally cheena and speaks mainly Mandarin and listens to news on Channel U and Channel 8, I am not very sure of the terminology. Because I definitely don't remember that they changed the name of an appointment.. Talk about Chinese / Mandarin being juxtapose / confusing.. watever.

I remembered clearly that back then when I was still in JC (when LKY was SM and GCT was PM), SM is called 内阁资政! I won't have remembered that when LKY went on to being MM, the rise in pose in "English" was not translated into "Chinese" but carried along. And "SM" was given a new definition in Chinese/Mandarin, being 国务资政.

HUH???????

Yes, I know this is BIG NEWS in Singapore. Blame it on my ignorance. Or my inability to differentiate. Or blame it on my poor Chinese language. Or my insensitivity to changes around me. or my poor General knowledge.

But I must admit it really is UNFAIR to attack Lloyd based on this.

------ On a lighter note -------

I found the following weblogs (or blogs as u call it now, 网上日记 or 部落格????)

http://peggychang.wordpress.com/ - from Ms Hey! Gorgeous, Peggy Chang
*got lotsa nice fotos of her, My newest idol! Lolx.. Haven't seen her around in NTU yet leh, so sad!

http://ninja18ratz.wordpress.com/ -from Mr Hey! Gorgeous, Mr Lloyd Soon
*lotsa nice pictures and stories as well, interesting guy! Another new idol.. Hehe.

http://www.sixpegs.blogspot.com/ -From Peggy as well, but I think she shifting over to the wordpress le, so, yup..

http://tnp.sg/show/story/0,4136,147717,00.html -The fuller story about 内阁资政 VS 国务资政.

---

Mugging now. Was distracted by it.

Computing on Monday, Physics II on Wednesday, Chemistry on Friday!

Then it is....

Clubbing: MoS, Lunar, Zouk, ZOUKOUT!!!

Sentosa: FUN UNDER THE SUN!

Sun Tanning: I wana be darker!

Movies: Doraemon! Bee Movie! Hero!

TV: Heroes! Star Award!

Theatre: Watching shows, many of them! And preparing for Epiphany production!

Concerts: Wilber Pan (in NTU)! Fish Leong! Jacky Cheung! and hopefully Jay Chou!

SHOPPING!: Bugis! (+ hair cut) Heeren! Vivo City! Suntec City! wherever! Haha.. Christmas clothes + Christmas gifts!

and Many Many Many more!!

not forgetting:

Jaw Operation on 18th December (need to donate blood soon, to myself!)
(in hospital frm 17th to 23(expected discharge date!)

So exciting. so many things to do..

talking about shopping!

I wana get a "Keffiyeh"...

it looks like this:




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keffiyeh

Thats somehow it for today..

Going to carry on Mugging early tmr!

Wish me luck!

And really excited to see the Cdian people on Saturday.. Its been a really long time (since i last saw Eunice n Cheewei at Ikea, and last saw all the rest at, erm.. Cheng Yee's Birthday? No, we went K box, but quite some time ago le.. watever..)

Mugging days ahead..

Jia You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you may have on this post? share with me!