Saturday, June 7, 2008

:: the day I'm almost blind ::

On this fateful Saturday
when the sky was grey
and it poured heavily
I almost went blind..

i was at Kallang PA water-venture
having my one star Kayaking course
and it was time for capsize drill
i did it, really, i did the capsize drill properly
but while i was able to save myself
my Oakley glasses fell off
and plunged into the water
never to return..

it hurts so much
because it was a gift
from a special friend
and it was also a gift of eyesight..

lesson learnt:
when doing water/high risk sports,
its sometimes better not to see things too clearly
who ask u so "geh kiang" go wear such atas glass leh?

then after tt fateful incident in the morning
all i cud do was to continue the rest of the day's lesson semi-blind..
and thought each dragon boater in the vicinity was a shuai ge
and almost recognised my hunky dearie wrongly
i almost went to touch a NUS dragon boater la
damn muscular n fit
but the face cannot make it
i tink my dearie who is in his prime looks so much better.. oops..
i lost my point
anyway
its good to have a spare pair of specs at home..

wow.. now i have perfect eyesight..

didn't know 400(L) 450(R) was that bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you may have on this post? share with me!