Sunday, October 28, 2007

a Real Run!

I muz admit, I wasn't prepared well for the run. I've not been training too regularly, and I didn't sleep v well last nite.. I was not familiar with the route, and the air was rather stale.. all these might seem like excuses, but i tink they are.

yours truly took part in my 2nd New Balance Real Run this morning.. unlike last year, I seemed very slow right from the start. Why-oh-why? I somehow forgot my timing last year, and kept tinking that it was 2hr 20mins last year back at sentosa (where the sand patch was much longer).. Tis year, I came in at 1hr 38 mins.. last year was actually 1hr 36 mins.. i lacked by 2 mins.. wahaha!! how come? I oso dunno.. i walked too much, and i tot i wanted to jog/sprint for last 1 km at least, but i juz din find the motivation to. I remembered last year when i ran like mad frm merlion all the way back, but i lost it.. realy.. so sad..

altho the view at changi aero expo area was great, but the air smelled strongly of char and oil.. eww.. and the endless seeming 2km out and 2km in was a mental torture for me.. i need to built up my mental strength!! the place seems too big and long, and nothing to look forward to.. sadded.. if onli i ran frm the 1km mark, or if onli i ran frm the time i passed turn into the hall.. so many if onli-s..

but i muz admit the run was well organised, from the pre-race, to the bus transport to and fro, and the whole distance run.. (at least there are more drink stations this time), and the whole event.. but the fees a lil' ex leh.. haha..

shall train much much harder now.. and looking forward to a below 1.5 hr (much lower please!) timing for Stan Chart SM come 2nd Dec..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you may have on this post? share with me!