Monday, March 10, 2008

::distant.. so distant..::

my mum's cousin's son got married... erm.. that is so distant.. i've probably only met the previous generation ppl when i was a kid running around my granny's backyard, and they came over for visit.. come on, they are so so so distant.. my mum don't even contact them..

to quote what my aunt said, "run into them on the street also cannot recognise".. dun say so distant, even my cousins which i seldom meet, i don't dare to greet them even when i do see them.. we meet like once a year onli. what to talk? especially if i'm with my friends? or worse, when i'm with just one other friend. or worse, when that friend is a female.. or WORST! when tt friend is a MALE and i happen to be acting rather peculiarly with tt person!!!??? Hahaha..

and guess what, two "aunties" which i dun even noe how to address them, dunno wat "gor" or "yi" or "chim" or "sim" or "lao gor, sim ,chim, yi....." came to act friendly in a networking manner, approaching my mum and go, "li eh kia di si gao yin" (in hokkien, translated as: when is your son getting married?"

well.. haha.. maybe i read too much "to know where i'm coming from", too much stories.. too much influence from the western civilisation.. well.. how to tell, right in front of my extended families, including my ah ma?? haha.. i tink i'll not.. but i still do have dreams..

i have a dream of walking down the red carpet, with my other half in hand. dinner? not sure? church? dunno.. well.. who it will be i also dunno.. Singapore or London or somewhere else? dunno.. Haiz~

miloboi says: "its time to face reality, Isaac!
"DREAMS ARE WHAT YOU WAKE UP FROM.""

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you may have on this post? share with me!